On this tour you will enjoy:
– An exciting and intense hike. The journey is about 4 miles (5 km) through Primary and Secondary Forest, of medium elevation. The total of the tour is approximately 4 hours.
– We will arrive at the place known as “Los Teñideros”, a place where the river acquires its turquoise color. Here you can observe the incredible natural phenomenon of blue crystalline water through a volcanic chemical reaction. From there, the river carries its color for a distance of 22 miles (36 km).
– We will also enjoy the Blue Lagoon, a quiet deep pool, shades of azure blue, the volcanic gas vents, where temperatures up to 1500 ° F (800 ° C) are expelled from time to time, and the “Borbollones” , where the exhaust gases at the base of the river give the appearance of boiling water.
– On our tour we will arrive at a viewpoint where you can appreciate the 6286 feet (1916 m) of the Tenorio Volcano on clear days.
– Finally we will visit the impressive Rio Celeste waterfall. The water drops almost 100 feet (30 m) into a picturesque turquoise pool, this is perhaps the most beautiful in Costa Rica and one of the most beautiful in the world.
Departure time to visit the Rio Celeste Waterfall:
12:30 pm. approx.
Lunch, fruits, drinks, naturalist guide, tickets, parking and photos
What to bring when visiting Rio Celeste?
Comfortable footwear for hiking, camera, insect repellent, capes or ponchos for the rainy season.